January 2, 2015

A big, busy year of running in 2014

Start here, run up there, then back

Farther, higher, faster and harder pretty well define my year of running.

I started the year with an advanced marathon training class and found myself running at a Boston-qualifying pace that would have had me finishing about 45 minutes faster than my personal best.

While I didn't run an official marathon last year, I did finish two ultras, a couple of shorter trail races and several long training runs. Among them:


In all, I logged about 2,423 miles on my GPS in 2014 - with Bighorn at 52 miles and 6,500 feet of gain and The Rut at 32 miles and 11,000 feet topping the list.

Both were enjoyable experiences, and I plan to run them again this year.

Here's a slideshow of photos from this year's runs - and a link to a Rut video in which I briefly appear. (Look for the red hat at the Tram Dock aid station.)



A big thank-you to the friends with who were with me for many of last year's miles and Missoula's supportive running community!